Commonwealth Honors College
Online Tools for the CHC Community
CHC PATHS is an online tool for the Commonwealth Honors College community. A UMass NetID is required to log in.
Honors students can use CHC PATHS to set up course contracts such as an independent study honors (ISH) or an Honors Thesis/Project (499Y/T/P). Faculty members and honors thesis committee members use CHC PATHS to review and authorize these contracts.
For Fall 2017 courses:
- Students must submit independent study or honors thesis/project contract proposals by 11:59 p.m. on Tuesday, August 15, 2017.
- Faculty sponsors and Honors Program Directors must approve student contracts (including approval for credit limit overrides) by 11:59 p.m. on Thursday, September 7, 2017.
- The Commonwealth Honors College Academic Standards Committee (ASC) will review the faculty-approved proposal and accept it as submitted, accept it with revisions, return it to the student and faculty sponsor for revisions, or reject it (refer to the PATHS Flow Chart for more details).
- When the proposal is approved by the ASC, the student is added to the appropriate course by CHC.
- With an ASC-approved contract, students can begin their work at the start of the Fall 2017 semester.